Thursday 23 February 2012

MY PRAYER - Poem

<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<script>
  (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({
    google_ad_client: "ca-pub-3546821154618069",
    enable_page_level_ads: true
  });

</script>
MY PRAYER
 
Oh God, look upon my faith
And heal my fate
Let me not be confused by the religious
Whose claims are outrageous
Let me never to walk in the shadow of death
Lest my heart die from the fear of death
Guide me through to greener pastures
And open my eyes to diverse cultures.
Fill my day with the desires of my heart
And my world with wonderful works of art
Let me dwell in your presence
That I may continually feel your essence

Let my tongue be blessed
That upon my words you people shall be blessed
Bless the works of my hands
And let every culture see them as tools in their hands.

As I continue on this journey
Be my attorney
Defend me
From them that persecute me
Let my eyes not see the destruction of war
Nor my ears the drums of war

Bless our nation
And wipe away her commotion
Give our leaders a new vision
That will lead them to their mission
Above all,
Grant me the strength to give you my all

Amen.